Classes start at 9.30 and finish around 4.30.
- 6 sheets of student watercolour paper (for Botanical, 1 sheet of Arches hot-pressed 300 gsm watercolour paper)
- Windsor and Newton are recommended. Cadmium Yellow, Cadmium Lemon, Ultramarine Blue, Cerulean Blue, Scarlet Lake (or Cadmium Red) and Permanent Rose. Extras - Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna, Raw Sienna. For Botanical Ill Artist quality are best. Watercolour Painting students could opt for a cheap set of Chinese Maries. Watercolours to start with.
- MASKING FLUID and SPONGE (not for Botanical Ill.)
- ONE SKETCHBOOK A5. A4, or A3, cartridge paper, any size is OK. SPRAY BOTTLE
- WATER CONTAINER and RAGS.
- Botanical Illustration Kolinsky sable Roymac brand is the most economical, size 2 or 3 and a Golden sable or Sablinsky size 7 or 8. Watercolour Painting - 1˝ inch cheap paintbrush for washes and then wait to see what you like from brushes provided before you buy more.
- You can use an old white china plate, or try a plastic folding palette, they are the easiest to carry.
Please note: Payment in advance for classes will be in either 3 month or 6 month instalments to save time in class. Thanks.